Need help choosing the right wig size?
Determining the right-sized wig can be difficult, but we are here to help. A loose-fitting wig fills you with worry, and a wig that is too small gives you a headache. But, a wig that fits you well will be comfortable, increase your confidence, and make wearing a wig a breeze.
To help you feel comfortable & confident throughout your day, Encelia is proud to offer you five cap sizes to ensure that your wig will fit you right. Please note that the size and shape of the head is small so the difference between the cap sizes is minor but these subtle (1/4" -3.8") adjustments will literally make your wig feel too tight or too big so it is very important to correctly take your time and be as precise as you can when you take your measurements.
Watch Our Step-by-Step Video
Step 1: Circumference
- First, determining the right placement of your hairline is crucial to making your wig look natural and keeping your wig secure. To determine your hairline placement, place 3 or 4 fingers from the arch of your eyebrow and mark this with your eyeliner pencil.
- Second, find the end of your occipital bone. To this by tilting your head up to the ceiling, then with your fingers feel the back of your head to find the point where the curvature in the back of your head ends. This is where the back of your wig needs to sit.
- Third, place the flexible measuring tape at the end of your occipital bone and then bring it around your ears and then to the top of your head where your lace front will begin. Right down that measurement.
Step 2: Ear-Crown-Ear
- First, locate the crown of the head. The crown is the top center point on the head.
- Second, locate the highest point of your ear
- Place the flexible measuring tape at the highest point of your ear then bring it to the top crown of your head. Right down that measurement.
Step 3: Front-To-Back
- Place the flexible measuring tape where the hairline will begin then go over the crown or top center point of the head and then place the measuring at the end of the occipital bone, where the curvature ends. Right down that measurement.
Encelia Wig Size Chart
Need help determining the right size wig?
If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed and need additional help, book a complimentary wig measurement consultation - book here.